how do I add a non-google email account in dGB?Support

Last Updated:

1. mccririck

mccririck Well-Known Member

I tried to do this but it only seems to let you add Google accounts. I was hoping to add my work email to it.

2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Which email client? If the inbuilt one doesn't do what you want, what about a 3rd party one?

Though to be honest I've no experience with this, so can't give any real advice. I only use a low-traffic personal gmail on my phone - my work accounts receive several hundred mails/day, and I'm not having that on my phone.
  3. mccririck

mccririck Well-Known Member

Which email clients would people recommend?
  4. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

What type of mail system is it (pop, imap, exchange,...)? I'd think that most if not all should be able to handle the first two, but not all handle the third.

I'm personally using Kaiten, which is a paid extension of K9, but as noted only use it with a Gmail anyway (both Kaiten and K9 say they support Exchange, if that is what you need).
  5. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

There isn't a built-in one for dGB, there's an APK if you want it. K9 does the job for me.
  6. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member

Various apps including the email one can be downloaded from the dGB site here Index of /rootsu/rootSU/app

Copy to your sd & install from there.
  7. SeniorAlex

SeniorAlex Member

HI Mac,

I have the HTC Desire (2.2) and use pop3 with my e-mail account at I have no technical knowledge to help you, but it can obviously be done. Hope this helps - keep searching - try Blueyonder ?