How do I add my contacts from my SIM card?Support

Last Updated:

1. MCEmily

MCEmily Active Member This Topic's Starter

OK, so I'm probably dim but I'm so mad with this phone I could throw it through the window!! It's so complicated. The best it seems to do is tell me the weather. God, I can look out of the window to do that!!

Anyway, I put my SIM in and press the left thing like an arrow up. The instructions say then press People but I don't have anything that says People. Where the hell am I going wrong??

Please can someone help me? I just want all my contacts on my phone. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

You have to open the people app. You have to go into the app drawer. Its basically where all your contacts are. you can't not have it if you Desire is standard.

Once in people, press menu > Export to SD card, Then Import it back and choose "Phone" or "google" as your contact type

3. MCEmily

Here's what's happening. If I have no SIM in, I can see the People App. But, if I put the SIM in, there is no People App there. What's happening?

4. SUroot

That's really strange. Wonder if there is something on the sim that is causing a problem.

What was your old phone? Is there another way you can get your contacts from your old phone, wipe the SIM and try again?

5. MCEmily

OK, I took a deep breath and tried to calm down about this :eek:

In the Apps drawer I have a Search People, so I went there and that gave me a list of people on my SIM. I pressed Menu and then I had the options you mentioned...import from SIM etc. Basically, I did what I thought was right and it seems I now have my contacts on my SD card. I also found an option where I could choose not to view my SIM contacts, otherwise I had 2 of everyone!!!

I'm not sure what I did but I seem to have done what I wanted to do :eek:

But why don't I have a People App when my SIM's in?

EDIT

I should say that my SIM is a Vodafone one. It's very old. My last phone was a Motorola with a funny name, like RAZ....something, I think. It was a blue flipfone.

6. SUroot

Ah RAZR or RAZOR. I know the one.

Can you delete the contacts from your sim now? If so, does that then make People (not search people) show up? You definitely should always have people app, all the time.

Could even be worth getting the sim replaced if you're on contract.