How do I back everything up...Support

Last Updated:

1. Atty

Atty Active Member This Topic's Starter

My phone isn't working right. It will randomly restart and get stuck on the white HTC screen. It'll only boot back up after a battery pull.

I'm going to reset it to default but I want to know how I can back up all my stuff. I could care less about my applications but I don't want to lose contacts or SMS/MMS records, etc.

Advertisement
  2. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

Your contacts are synced to your gmail account so they will come back fine, handcent app lets you batch all your sms files and saves them to your sd card. If you are rooted you could do a full nandroid backup.

3. jwalker87

jwalker87 Well-Known Member

SMS Backup & Restore, by Ritesh Sahu, works well for backing up SMS/MMS. I didn't think Handcent did it, but I may be wrong

4. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Don't make the assumption that all his contacts are Google contacts. If they are, they will get backed up to GMail and you'll be fine. If they aren't, you can still go in and manually export all of them to your SD card.

5. mIQ Live

mIQ Live Well-Known Member

I agree! Do not assume anything is already backed up!

The easiest way to back everything up is to just download the free MIQ app, from Best Buy Mobile...

This will sync and backup contacts, sms, calender, photos, video, bookmarks ect. to an online private account. That way when you restore the phone all you do is download the app again and sign in to get all your content back!

You can also sign in online to manage your phone, send texts from the web, or import contact lists from gmail, outlook, or other places to immediately push to your phone. Pretty cool!

Hope that helps! Good luck with the funky screen issue...