How do I back up my Captivate using a Mac?

Last Updated:

1. King Stampede

King Stampede Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

New to the whole Android experience. How would I go about backing up everything on my Captivate? I work on a Mac. Any suggestions? Also, my phone is not rooted.

Advertisement
  2. NOSintake

NOSintake Well-Known Member

Back up how? Emails? Contacts? Contacts can be synced wirelessly with you GMail account. Outside of that, I don't know if you can do a backup of your phone without rooting. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

3. King Stampede

Sorry, I should have been more detailed. Backing up my apps, contacts, and settings if possible. I don't want to root my phone as I'm afraid I'll brick it since this is my first Android phone and I really have no reason to root.

4. NOSintake

As far as I know, there is no app installed that will do that for you. You would probably have to check the app store. Anyone know of any apps that do this? If you're not rooting your phone, may I ask why you need back ups?

5. mIQ Live

mIQ Live Well-Known Member

MIQ is capable of working with MAC... Check it out in the Android Market, and its free...

Sorry, not trying to be spammy, but its a good MAC (or PC) solution to backup contacts, sms, photos, videos, calender, bookmarks and more! Never have to plug in, and your data is always safe...

Hope that helps!

King Stampede likes this.
  6. King Stampede

Thank you! Much appreciated. :)

7. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member

See if you can get a dropbox account for Mac. If so, Sprite Backup will backup to dropbox online, and then you can pull it down to any place that has a dropbox account.

Now that I think about it, I suspect any of teh backups will do it, just specify a folder in your dropbox on the phone.

8. NOSintake

Good find. I didn't know of this