How do I back up my stuff?General

Last Updated:

1. Filament

Filament Member This Topic's Starter

Doing a warranty exchange with T-Mobile because of the squeaky hinge issue. Anyone know if there's a way to back everything on the phone up so when I get the new one I don't have to reinstall/reconfigure EVERYTHING? My phone settings, my applications, the applications settings, etc. I just want my phone to keep on going as if nothing ever changed if that's possible.

Any ideas? Anyone had a successful experience doing this?

Advertisement
  2. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure you can do all of that.

Astro which is in the market will allow you to back up your market applications but not the settings

Contacts etc are synced with your gmail account anyway so no problem there along with your calendar.

When I wiped my handset the other night I went back into the market and under my downloaded apps all the ones I had downloaded were showing so just reinstalled.

I must admit with the G1 it's a lot less painful feinstalling stuff than what it it with other handsets I have owned

3. devolio

devolio Well-Known Member

mybackup (free or 0.99c on the market) allows you to backup applications, contacts, call log, bookmarks, sms\mms, settings, shortcuts and alarms.

4. webby

webby Member

MyBackUp Pro (99 cents) allows you to backup to the web, I believe, which might be ideal for you since you are getting different G1.