how do i backup chrome bookmarks to html?Support

1. stargirl29

stargirl29 Well-Known Member

how do i backup chrome bookmarks to html? i can't find the usual settings that allow me to do so. i go to bookmarks and only see the mobile bookmarks folder. i want to email the html file to myself for access on other public computers on the go.

actually i couldn't find that option in firefox either.

using a nexus 7 tablet

Advertisement
    :
  2. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

I do all bookmark set up on a pc then put the html file on my N7 (and other devices). You can back up and edit on the pc (don't think you have that option mobile, except on 3rd party browsers).

I don't use Chrome on my PC, but installed it so I could import my FF bookmarks to it, and sync to N7. Then I turn off sync. I use the html file for my browser home page (can't do that in Chrome), using Naked Browser... faster than the speed of light.
  3. stargirl29

still that doesn't help with the bookmarks i've already created on my nexus in chrome
  4. tcat007

If you install Chrome on a PC and sync, then you'll have a folder on your PC called "Mobile bookmarks", you can export from there.
  5. stargirl29

hypothetically speaking let's say I didn't have access to another computer (that & I'm just too lazy to go turn it on to backup bookmarks. nor should I have to, that seems like such an extra step.)
  6. tcat007

In that case, install Boat browser (which you may like better than Chrome). You can import default bookmarks and export them. Yeah, Chrome lacks a lot of features the PC version has!