How do I backup my stuff before a factory reset?

Last Updated:

1. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I recently got the vibrant and am having the same issues that everyone is having. I tried some of the fixes for the GPS but still not working. I want to try one of the fixes and want to do a factory reset before I do it.
    How do I backup stuff like Sims 3 and Avatar and the other things that came with this phone? Will the touchwiz still be there?
    When I pay for apps, does it tie it to my gmail account so I can download them again later if I delete them?

Advertisement
  2. mIQ Live

mIQ Live Well-Known Member

Your paid apps will link automatically to your google account. When you reset the phone you can sign in again...

There are also good free backup apps out there to backup all phone content for resets, switching phones, or in case you lose your phone. Just go the market and download one...

Hope that helps

3. goowakjai

goowakjai Member

appbrain

4. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

Sims 3 and Avatar arent going anywhere. No need to worry about those. I did a reset as well and the apps that came with the phone will be there again. In fact, your photos will still be in there too.

5. lalaby7

lalaby7 New Member

I lost the Avatar movie... not sure what I did but its gone.
    I did the factory reset and its still not found... what can I do?I only only had the phone one day lol

6. adamcooks

adamcooks Member

any ideas on how to back up the sims? Avatar is on the external sd, no worries on that. " i have this friend " who flashed eugenes froyo build and lost his game. no big deal, but fine times when your bored and such.

7. eagles20015

eagles20015 Member

What is the best backup app out there? Do they even backup your settings and app preferences too?