How Do I Backup?

Last Updated:

1. zeze999

zeze999 Member This Topic's Starter

cano someone help me... I want to do factory reset without losing data on my phone... I used appmanager and backed up, but before I do factory reset I want to be sure how to get data back... aftre reset, appmanager will be removed, so how can I restore backup data? thanks

Advertisement
  2. tturbonegro

tturbonegro Member

looking to do the same...i just want my contacts...i dl the htc sync and synced it but i dont see where the contacts are stored...they all changed to google contacts but i dont know how or where they are "backed up"

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Contacts listed as "Google" are sync'd with your Gmail account. If you reset the handset, as soon as you've re-entered your Google details at set-up they will be pushed back to the handset.

The other types are "Phone" contacts (sync'd with Outlook etc via HTC Sync) and "SIM" (stored old-style on the SIM card).

4. zeze999

zeze999 Member This Topic's Starter

ok, but what about other applications? fter I back them up with app manager, how do I get those back? if I install appmanager back on, will I be able?

5. mark1252003

mark1252003 Well-Known Member

If apps are backed up to the sd card, format the phone, download install the app manager then just recover everything to the phone . i did this with my tg01 ;);)

6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

As noted above, apps are backed up to your memory card. Provided you don't mess with that, reinstalling AppManager will allow you to restore all your other apps.