How do I block a number?Support

1. I keep getting these spam texts from this weird number and want to block it from contacting me.. how do I do this?

For the record, the number is 11-801-222-2269. Has anyone gotten anything from it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

you can log into verizon online and block up to 5 numbers for 6 months. you can also get the free app on the market called call block. you can block txt and calls and register them as spam. you can send calls to VM or have it pickup and hangup.
  3. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

I too have been plagued with spam texts and calls - I ended up buying Extreme Call Blocker and haven't looked back. The app is a bit pricey, but it's absolutely fantastic, and ever since installing it I have yet to be bothered by unwanted telemarketers or spam texts; just read the reviews.

[​IMG]
    Extreme Call Blocker Droid - Android app on AppBrain
  4. BCox

BCox Well-Known Member

So, I'm bored and googled it. Not sure if this applies to you, but I found it on a forum, and could be the problem maybe?

"ok guys, so the reason this happens is because you wen't from a regular phone (dumb phone) to a smart phone/blackberry. This happens because you had the notifications for mobile email on before. Now that you no longer have the dumb phone's software user interface the blackberry/smart phone doesn't recognize it as a notification so you just get it as a text."

Not sure if that applies to you, but that seems to be some consensus on what the issue is...
    thatkidoptimus likes this.
  5. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

You can also call verizon and they will block it for you, I had them block all international calls/texts when I got a text like yours. They also credited back the international text charge from the spammers sending me them.
  6. That actually makes a ton of sense. Thank you!
  7. iPhone2Droid

iPhone2Droid Well-Known Member

+1 Extreme Call Blocker(after trying/refunded several competing apps). Just be sure to check "answer & hang up".
  8. ByTheNumbers

ByTheNumbers Active Member

You can block numbers from google voice is you use that.
  9. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

i use call call block. its free
  10. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I had to block my ex girlfriend. She wouldn't stop texting and calling me and simply harassing me. It's a shame too cause we dated for a year and spent practically every day together and even talked of marriage. B*tches be crazy!! :)

I simply logged into the Verizon website and did it there.
  11. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

For some reason this TOO funny to me! Just made my day!!! :D:D:D LMAO!!!