how do I block unwanted callersSupport

1. etorres209

etorres209 New Member

lg esteem, how to block a phone number that keeps calling constantly, bought the phone and ended up with this number and keep getting all kinds of phone calls from people I do not know.

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Try checking your account online, some providers have tools on their website that allow you to block specific numbers. If you can't find anything online you can just call the company.

Last resort is that there is apps in the market that automatically hang up on unwanted callers.

call blocker market search
  3. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

go to thu market and get root call blocker
  4. compubahn

compubahn Well-Known Member

You can also add call blocking your account with metro ... costs $1 per month. You need the metro block it app. Its in the market or can be downloaded through the @ metro app.
  5. Ære

Ære Well-Known Member

Just what com.said, and you can report those calls to the ftc!!
  6. Gomez025

Gomez025 Well-Known Member

You can now get MetroPCS call blocker app for your phone. For $1, you can block unwanted calls as long as you like. I haven't activated it yet for my customers but people have said it's great. It's on the metroapp store free to download and install if you're subscribed to the monthly $1 to your bill. Hopefully it helps :)
  7. mrpnut

y u just dont get root call blocker I use it and it works really good block all that telemarketers

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.rootcallblocker.beta
  8. Gomez025

9. mrpnut

thats true I forgot about the ones that r not rooted
  10. lordcliffton

lordcliffton Well-Known Member

All you have to do is add the person to your contacts list, edit the settings in that specific contact so that it sends it DIRECT TO VOICE MAIL.

The bonus? It's FREE.
  11. Gomez025

That is also true. But I wouldn't want my VM to be filled with unwanted messages. Isn't that the point of blocking/ignoring certain numbers? To not hear from them AT ALL? lol
  12. circtest

circtest Well-Known Member

Call blocking apps don't work on my Esteem and you'll be lucky if they don't stop working on yours. I was using Extreme Call Blocker for about 3 weeks and it was great. All of the sudden, not only did the app not block the call, it was auto answered. I've tried 3 different apps and none work. I've heard a few other people say they don't work on their Esteem either. The developers say it's the way LG designed the Android platform. Lg just plays dumb as to a correct fix to my problem. I don't want unwanted callers to go to my voice mail. I want the call blocked and no voice mail. Be nice if someone could figure this out.
  13. matter0ni

matter0ni Well-Known Member

ive been using Root Call Blocker, so far so good. not one annoying robot bullcrap or bill collector looking for some random person who used to own the number. love it
  14. circtest

circtest Well-Known Member

I've tried root call blocker as well, does nothing, lets the call right through.
  15. squizzy353

squizzy353 New Member

I want to give my 11 year old a phone, is there a way to dictated numbers that can be both dialed and received?