How do i bypass the first sign in/set up screensSupport

Last Updated:

1. xlotusx

xlotusx New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi! I just got my g1 today and i'm trying to get past the very first sign up screen but i do have a few obstacles. i have a blank sim card in the phone and so there is no way i can add the tmobile internet g1 plan on my own tmobile phone line right now. I just want to try out the g1 one using wifi to see if i like it enough to leave my current phone and move onto the g1 but i can't get past that sign up screen to set up my wifi connection. i've been told by friends that i should root it but all of the guides i've seen requires access to the main g1 menu.

does anybody know how to bypass this? i've searched everywhere all evening and haven't found anything. any help or even attempts of help will be appreciated.
    thanks!

Advertisement
  2. wiineedmore

wiineedmore Member

Maybe, run a developers build ADB model

3. balazer

balazer Active Member

Try these:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=452316
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3843242

You may need to downgrade your phone to version RC29 of the G1 Android software before performing the above. It seems like you should be able to do that without a SIM, but I'm not sure:

How-to- Root, Hack, and Flashing your G1/Dream Read first!! - xda-developers

At some point during or at the end of that entire process, you should be able to install a new software image, e.g. JesusFreke's latest, which gives you the option to skip the Google registration step until after you've set up wifi. Though I don't know if that ROM will let you do anything without a SIM without following the steps in the first link. You might just want to get your hands on a SIM - any SIM, even an unactivated one.