1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

how do i change my location?Support

1. stargirl29

stargirl29 Well-Known Member

i purchased my nexus 7 in the united states but am in europe now. how do i change my location back to US? i have noticed that i can no longer access some things like device support for my location. i do have a permanent u.s. address so i would like to have u.s. as my location to make contacting support easier.

in the meantime does anyone have the direct email for device support?

Advertisement
  2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

you location is set off of your tabs gps and wifi. you could use a gps faker app but im not sure how well that will work. :(
  3. stargirl29

actually i think i managed by changing my gmail location. i never had gps on.
  4. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

Well good luck and I hope it works for you! :)
  5. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

You a could always use a VPN app, and just go through their US network
  6. stargirl29

sorry i'm a complete newbie to tablets & don't understand vpn
  7. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. For what you need to know, it allows you to connect your device to the internet by passing through another computer (or server), and then connecting to your desired site. For example, you're in Europe and want to view a TV show that *only* streams over Hulu Plus in America, but isn't allowed overseas (sound familiar?). By using VPN, your device (tablet, phone, laptop, whatever) connects to a device in America (again, PC or server...it doesn't really matter), then the device in America connects you to Hulu Plus, allowing you to view it from wherever in Europe.

Here's a thread that explains what it is better: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-technology/1177101-vpn-explain-dummy.html

here is the app I use: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hideman

Just choose America, then do whatever you need to