How do I change the bootanimation on FROYO?

Last Updated:

1. kkl1993

kkl1993 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I thought that i just had to place the bootanimation.zip file in /data/local and that was it, but its not working. is there another way?

Advertisement
  2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I just did a little searching real fast and read that the location for 2.2 is /data/local/ (for non NAND-unlocked phones) and /system/media/ (for fully unlocked phones)

I have never played with the BA much so I cant tell you for sure but that is what I found. Also its not uncommon for Chefs to move the stuff around in their ROMS so it may be different depending on the ROM you are running.

Good Luck!
    GMB

3. kkl1993

just tried that but it didnt work, but thanks anyways.

4. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

What ROM are you running?

5. kkl1993

im not using any roms. i just downloaded the official *leaked* froyo. but no worries i found it. its at

system/customize/resources/

its named VZW_bootanimation.zip, so i just moved it and used the bootanimation i wanted

6. msuguy71

msuguy71 Member

I am still having trouble with putting the bootanimation from Howto: Root the HTC Droid Incredible - Technology - Jonamerica.com (the Droid X animation) onto my unrevoked3 (root and s-off) incredible. I renamed the bootanimation.zip file from the above site to VZW_bootanimation.zip and adb push it to /system/customize/resources/ sdk tools says 6260255 bytes went over but I still have the old boot animation. Where did the file I pushed go? I mounted /system from clockwork recovery first. What am I doing wrong?

7. rayporsche

rayporsche Well-Known Member

An easy way: Install the 'Root Explorer' app., very usefull and great app in many ways !
    Now select the bootanimation of your choice and rename to: VZW_bootanimation.zip and install on the SD-Root, if you want sound select the sound of choice and rename to: VZW_Droid.mp3 and install on the SD-Root as well., all this is assuming that you are running Froyo 2.2......now open Root Explorer, select Mount R/O and search for the files, select 'copy' from menu and go to: System/Customize/Resource and 'paste' it there....that will do ! now remember when renaming, no need to add .zip to the script that will happen automatically. Good Luck !

mandophish, tbeas and GrandMasterB like this.
  8. msuguy71

msuguy71 Member

Ok, I will try that. Yeah, I am on a rooted/s-off 2.2 DInc. Thanks.

9. tbeas

tbeas Well-Known Member

His method works, I just did it!

10. rayporsche

rayporsche Well-Known Member

Ooopsss....maybe I left a small detail out, you might want to change at least one letter of the existing VZW_bootanimation.zip, perhaps to BZW_bootanimation.zip, just to be safe in case you download the wrong one or just feel like going back to the previous one.....just saying !

mandophish likes this.
  11. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Anybody know where Adrynalyne stashed the animation and associated mp3 in Frankenrom?