How do I change the default email client

Last Updated:

1. MockY

MockY Member This Topic's Starter

I would like the Gmail client to open when I tap the Email icon on the bar on the bottom the screen (the app the is preinstalled on the Captivate and located in the application list). Currently, the stock application is launched, and since this application is short to worthless, I want the Gmail client to open instead of it so that I don't need to add a short cut to it and at the same time end up with a static button that I will never use.

Advertisement
  2. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

I don't know if you can change it but if you're using gmail, you could just place the gmail icon on the bottom dock, instead of the stock email client. I don't use gmail but I believe it gives you notifications exactly like the stock email client...

3. MockY

So how do you go about to change the icon on the bottom dock? I prefectly fine with being able to do that. However, I thought they were unchangeable. Holding down the icon and dragging it to the dock will only remove it, and doing the same with the Email icon, it only get grayed out and can't be moved.

4. mckooter

mckooter Well-Known Member

you have to open the application drawer, then click the menu button and change type to customizable grid,

then you can move things to the dock, then you can change view back to alphabetical list if you so choose.

im remembering from a few days ago as i have switched to launcherpro so some of the wording might be a bit off

mopwr, jmreed97 and MockY like this.
  5. MockY

Awesome. It worked perfectly.
    Thank you so much for the reply.