• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I change the default photo viewer?

I just downloaded Quickpic from the market, how do I make that my default instead of the gallery that comes with the phone?

Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications. Select the All tab and select the Gallery app. Tap on Clear defaults. Next time you try to access an image, it will prompt you with "Complete action using" and list the different apps available. Check the "Use by default for this action" and then select Quickpic.

Upvote 0
If you text or email yourself a pic once you tap on it it should ask you what you want to use to view it. Before you choose anything you tap the default box at the bottom then choose quickpic. If you aren't getting this as an option when you tap a pic that means you have a default set. So to clear default set do menu-settings-applications-manage apps-find the stock gallery app tap then choose clear default.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones