How do I change the location on the home page?General

Last Updated:

1. Fulltime Traveler

Fulltime Traveler Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got an Eris while we were in Mesa, Arizona last week. Now we are 150 miles away, and the clock on the home page still shows the "Mesa", with the weather for Mesa, AZ.

How do I change it to show our current location? I have tried adding cities in the Weather app.

Thanks.

--
    Dave

Advertisement
  2. xene97

xene97 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is the correct way to do it, but I turn on the location settings, go to Google Maps, go to the menu and select My Location, wait for a minute or so and the location should change. Sometimes I have to put the phone to sleep before the location updates (same thing for weather updates).

Hope this works for you.

3. Fulltime Traveler

Fulltime Traveler Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks! It worked, I think.

I'm not sure if that was the solution because it didn't seem to have any effect, even after putting the phone to sleep. Then I enabled "Use wireless networks" in Settings|Location. When I checked the Home screen again, our current location was displayed. Then I turned off "Use wireless networks".

I don't know, though, whether it had actually updated before doing that last action. I would not have noticed.

--
    Dave