How do I change the mtu settings on my ascend?Support

1. EarthShatterer

EarthShatterer New Member

Hi, this is my first post and i'm still learning the in's and out's of my Huawei Ascend.

The problem i'm having involves changing the mtu settings. The purpose of doing so, is so that I can use wireless tether to connect to xbox live. I went and rooted my phone using z4 Root, downloaded SuperUser Elite and Android Terminal Emulator. I read that using the terminal emulator would allow me to adjust the mtu. Unfortunately, i'm not a programmer and am clueless at this point as to what needs to be input in order for me to adjust the settings.

Any help would be much appreciated

Advertisement
  2. joser116

joser116 Guest

You do not need to do any of that to use wireless tether with your xbox. Just download Barnacle from the Market. The first time you open Barnacle, do not press Start and instead, press the Menu Button, Settings, and select Skip wpa_supplicant. Press the Back button and press Start. Now just look for the Barnacle network on your computer.
    KOLIO likes this.
  3. Bastich3169

Bastich3169 Member

I have a cricket Huawei ascend rooted running icarus. Im using barnacle to run a wifi connection with my xbox and i am getting a moderate nat which causes me to lag out. Ive also tried easy tether and get an mtu error. I want to know if there is a way to fix either issue, any and all help would be appreciated.
  4. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

Buy a router ;)
  5. Bastich3169

Bastich3169 Member

i asked for help with what i have not for comments that are pointless
  6. PlayfulGod

7. Maddpoettdyer

Maddpoettdyer Active Member

Isn't the metro mobile data connection a bit slow for playing games online with a game console?
  8. PlayfulGod

my point exactly lol