How do I check VZ Voicemail when using Google Voice?

Last Updated:

1. WarMace

WarMace Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I use Google Voice, but a coworker forwarded me a voicemail on verizon and it went into my Verizon voicemail box.

How do I check it?

Advertisement
  2. Fynx

Fynx Well-Known Member

if you call your own number, wait for the message to kick in by either sending it to voicemail or waiting, I believe it is the * key to access your vm after you enter your passcode.

3. WarMace

WarMace Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That method just goes to my google voicemail.

Seems I had to deactivate my google voice and then check the message, then I could re-activate google voice.

4. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. I don't know where I found the number, but I call the Verizon voicemail "backdoor" number, and can retrieve my Verizon voicemail as well as leave messages for other Verizon voicemail users without ringing their phone. For me, the number is: 609-577-8686. If that doesn't work for you, do a Google search for "verizon voicemail backdoor" plus your area code (609 is not mine, but it's nearby).

5. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

*86 should work, but not sure since I've never used Verizon's voicemail (even before Google Voice).

6. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I think *86 takes to to whatever VM number you have set on your phone. I'd imagine in his case that would be GV