How do I choose my home page?

Last Updated:

1. PassingStranger

PassingStranger Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there. I've been playing around with my Vibrant and just lowered the number of pages the Home screen has. Doing this, however, changed the page that comes up when I hit the actual "Home" button.

It's becoming very annoying and switching the order of the pages around by dragging them in the Edit mode hasn't helped. It even sometimes chooses the very right-most, completely blank page to be the default home one.

How can I assign which of the Home pages I want to pop up when that button is hit?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. PassingStranger

Nobody knows how to do this?

You're killin' me, guys.

3. Jayzul

Jayzul New Member

I think it uses the fourth screen as the home screen if you have 4+ screens. Not sure how to change it, but I have 5 screens and noticed it defaults the home screen to the 4th one.

4. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

Menu > Edit. Press and hold the screen you want to use as the default, then move it to the fourth panel. Dunno if there are other ways.

5. brokeoutangel

brokeoutangel Well-Known Member

Nope seems to be an oversight by Samsung best answer is t get a different launcher

6. PassingStranger

Alright, good to know. Thanks for the answers, guys.

7. Chad Bedford

Chad Bedford New Member

NO....There is a specific way to do this. On any screen, pinch/squeeze two diagonal corners together as if you are zooming out on an image. This will put ALL your screens up on a single screen. Now, look close, and you will notice what looks like an "up" arrow at the top of each of your screens. That is actually a "home" symbol....looks like a little house. Decide which screen you want to be your "HOME" screen, and tap that little house symbol at the top of the desired screen. Ta-Da! It should even give you a message "Default Home Screen has been changed."