how do i clear duplicates in 'phone' not 'people' ?Support

Last Updated:

1. domerdel

domerdel New Member This Topic's Starter

my new employer gave me an evo 4g. i synced it with my google account. had a very organized list of contacts, with groups... it created dups even 3 or 4 copies of each contact...

i immediately went to Phone settings > applications > manage applications and removed data...

it appears my "People" contacts list and groups are no longer duped...

However... on the home screen, when i click on "phone" above the dialpad, there is a list of my contacts... it's duplicated, but i think it's somehow cached... how do i clear this in application data so it reads from my actual synced people list (which is still no longer duped; only unique entries)?

It's weird why it populates duplicates... John Smith will appear twice.. example
    John Smith
    916-666-6666
    John Smith

I'm not sure why some are dashed and some aren't.. referred back to my google contacts.. they all have dashes... is evo creating the duplicate with non-dash? ugh... so confusing.

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Mine did this once and for the life of me I can't remember how I fixed it or get it to do it again

3. domerdel

domerdel New Member This Topic's Starter

It's annoying... for now i just click on people and not phone to make calls... when you have the name repeated 2-4 times per person, it takes forever to scroll on the phone menu

4. paulgl26

paulgl26 Active Member

tag
    have same problem