How do I clear Voicemail notification???Support

Last Updated:

1. keving

keving Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been using Google Voice since I received the DInc 6 weeks ago. All was well.

yesterday, I had a Voice mail notifier appear and it was the symbol that looks like a cassette tape sort of. This ca be accessed through the basic SMS messages icon.

It wants me to dial my # and listen to a message. There is no message, and I do not know how to clear the notification.
    Any help?
    Also, I do not know where this VM came from and I want to get rid of it so it does not happen again. removing the Messaging tab and reinstalling it, nothing changed.
    I appreciate any info on this.

Advertisement
  2. cap'n crunch

cap'n crunch Active Member

This sounds similiar to a problem I had with my HTC Imagio, but with my SMS notification. I had a "1" over the mail icon indicating a message, but I did not have any new messages. Reading the forums found that there was a problem with the way that HTC's UI interacted with WinMo. I do not remember exactly what caused it but the only way to clear it was either load software designed to clear (I don't like to load software to fix other software) or do a hard reset. I finally did a hard reset and it cleared it out. Your problem may be the HTC UI having a problem with the Android OS. I have not seen this problem in other forums, but maybe my problem/solution with the Imagio will lead you in the right direction.

3. BillytheKid

BillytheKid Well-Known Member

menu - settings - call - clear voicemail notification

picord and keving like this.
  4. keving

keving Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I cannot believe this was so simple, and yet I thought I tried everything. Thanks for the help. I am still learning this OS.

5. BillytheKid

BillytheKid Well-Known Member

no problem...aren't we all!