how do i close active applications on the s3?Tips

Last Updated:

1. btan219

btan219 Active Member

just got the s3. my old phone was the samsung exhibit II 4g, and on the home screen there would be a button that says active applications, when clicked it showed me all my active applications and allows me to close them. it also had a ram tab that let me clear my memory. i wanted to know how i can close active applications and clear the memory on the s3.

thank you!

2. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Well-Known Member

You can do this on the S3 but unless the app is misbehaving you will want to leave it running. Android OS prefers to close apps on it's own when needed rather than have you close it for it.

Hold down the Home button at the bottom of your screen. All your active apps will be listed there. Swipe the app to the right to close it.

You can also enter the task manager there and do some more extensive stuff like clear memory and such.

If you want you can just press one of the active apps listed and it will switch to it. Makes it very easy to switch between open apps this way.
    btan219, WAWood8 and wraithevolution like this.
  3. Terry51

Terry51 Well-Known Member

if swiping to the right closes an app, what does swiping to the left do then??
  4. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

Swiping right or left is the same, there's no difference. I can also confirm that it actually closes the application.
  5. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member

Really great -- thanks for the tip!