• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I completely disable Quick Connect?

Morketh

Apr 14, 2014
My battery was 100%, 3 hours later it is 39% and I was like what in the world???

Quick connect has used 71% of my battery when I look at the usage.
I force stopped the application and shut off bluetooth but it would just turn itself back on and I couldnt shut the bluetooth off. I had to reboot the device to get it off.

Is there a way to completely block this app from running? I will never use that or bluetooth.

1) The percentage shown in the Battery setting isn't percentage of battery used. it's percentage of total power usage used by that app. IOW, 39% of what might be 3% of your battery power was being used by that app. (If you add up all the percentages 5 minutes after you unplug the charger, they'll add up to 100% (if you include all the things drawing a fraction of a percent that aren't shown). That means that 100% of the power being drawn from your battery was being drawn by something.

2) To stop an app completely you have to root the phone. Then you can use a free app like Link2SD to freeze it.

Upvote 0
I woke up this morning and my battery life is much worse than the day before. I checked and "quick connect" is leading the way for battery usage.

What is Quick Connect and where does it do???

screen_zps59f72045.png

Upvote 0
I think all of you will benefit from Battery Doctor app.
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=battery doctor&c=apps

It will shut off all background applications when the screen goes dark.

You can program it for exceptions you want to stay alive,
ie a GPS tracking app maybe?

The Health App uses more than I want, so I shut that off, then I simply just disabled it altogether. I've no use for it.

Give it a whirl, think you will like it.

It has another advantage, it will shut the charge rate down to a mere trickle if you don't disconnect the charger. I leave my charger in all night sometimes.

Upvote 0
My battery was 100%, 3 hours later it is 39% and I was like what in the world???

Quick connect has used 71% of my battery when I look at the usage.
I force stopped the application and shut off bluetooth but it would just turn itself back on and I couldnt shut the bluetooth off. I had to reboot the device to get it off.

Is there a way to completely block this app from running? I will never use that or bluetooth.

After you turn on quick connect the only way to turn it off is to turn off wi-fi. Then turn wi-fi back on. Silly, but that's how it works for me.

Upvote 0
PLEASE READ:

There are two ways please read both Please....

Method 1.
This turns it off. You have to turn it back on and redo all you contacts.

In app manager goto Quick Connect and delete Data.

Method 2.
This takes it off completely. There is still an icon but you will have to reinstall.

Goto app manager goto Quick Connect choose Uninstaller updates.

It will tell you on an S4 that it is 0k app size and 0k data.

Upvote 0
Followed the Battery Doctor link. many apps including from Cheetah Mobile Inc; is not the company one to be avoided?

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Absolutely! :thumbsupdroid:
Battery Doctor has no place on anyone's phone,or,anything from Cheetah Mobile for that matter.
Those w/Samsung devices have a much better option for disabling bloatware/apps that are permanently installed,can't be turned off otherwise Without Root:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ospolice.packagedisablerpro&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ospolice.packagedisablerpremium&hl=en

Simply disable, Do Not Delete Or Uninstall,The offending apps.
Guidelines for what's safe to disable are given within the app.

Reactions: svim and mikedt
Upvote 0
Battery Doctor consumes your battery, spying on you and phoning home all your stuff to China, where it's aggregated and sold onto whatever third-parties. That's how Cheetah Mobile makes its profits. Best avoided, especially you value your privacy. Battery Doctor is bad medicine for your phone.

Oh yeah, Battery Doctor also consumes your battery to show you ads, both banner and full-screen interstitial. It actually uses Google AdMob.

Last edited:
Reactions: svim and KOLIO
Upvote 0
Cheetah Mobile does provide some solid Android utilities BUT they are also really, really creepy apps. Just take a look at the Permissions an app like Battery Doctor requires -- go to its Google Play page, DON'T install it but just scroll down to the bottom and click on the 'View details' link right under Permissions:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ijinshan.kbatterydoctor_en
Read through that very long listing of all your phone's data it requires. Cheetah Mobile describes the app as a utility to conserve battery power, but it leaves out the part about it also being a personal identity collector. Now compare BD to typical, non-Cheetah Mobile app like CPU-Z, a simple utility that actually does need to poll every hardware component of your phone. Note the Permissions an app like this requires:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z

Upvote 0
I have the Galaxy Note 3.
It had Quick connect (not sure if it had ever been fully installed)
It requested an upgrade to V3 which I did.
I then turned on discovery.
And from that moment on I could not find out how to turn the bloody thing off.
I installed an app called 'Apps Uninstaller' and told it to uninstall Quick Connect
I believe that has done the trick 'Turned it off' by rolling back to whatever it was before ver3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones