How do I completely erase everything on my SD card?Support

Last Updated:

1. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ Well-Known Member

I want to erase everything on my SD card and use it when I get a new phone at the end of May.

How do I completely erase everything from it as if it was brand new?

Advertisement
  2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

The easiest way is to reformat the sd card. Go under the phone settings and look for a phone and SD storage menu. There should be an option to format the card. If not, simply remove the card from the phone, place it in an adapter and format it from your computer.
  3. android rules

android rules Member

Go to your phone settings and go to sd card and phone storage the go to format sd card nd there you go the sd card will be completely erased
  4. Jacob Spears

Jacob Spears New Member

Hello GAMESHARQ,

You can completely erase your SD card data by performing "Format" operation. But data can still be recovered from the SD card using many data recovery software available on the internet. If you are looking to completely wipe SD card data, then you can use wipe disk software, which wipes your SD card's data completely, making recovery impossible. If you ever need this software then follow the below links

Page link: wipedisk.net/completely-wipe-sd-card.html
    Download link: wipedisk.net/download/wipedisk-drive-wipe.exe
  5. MadDeveloper

MadDeveloper Well-Known Member

All you have to do is go under storage click un mount SD card then after its unmounted click format SD card.