• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I Connect Moto X Pure to Windows 7 PC and transfer files

carsick

Lurker
Nov 12, 2012
The only way Windows 7 recognizes my phone is if I choose the Transfer photos(PTP) option upon connecting via a USB cable. If i subsequently chose MTP, my phone drops off my Device list. When connected via PTP, I only have access to the DCIM and Pictures folders. I'd like to upload some MP3 files to my phone.

Seems others have had this problem, but I've never seen a solution provided. tia.

The only way Windows 7 recognizes my phone is if I choose the Transfer photos(PTP) option upon connecting via a USB cable. If i subsequently chose MTP, my phone drops off my Device list. When connected via PTP, I only have access to the DCIM and Pictures folders. I'd like to upload some MP3 files to my phone.

Seems others have had this problem, but I've never seen a solution provided. tia.
Might as well try a wireless sharing app. I know lots but I will recommend Airmore. You can easily transfer music there. See the app here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.airmore&hl=en

Tell me if this worked for you. ;)

Upvote 0
This is almost always a driver issue... something you have (or had) replaced the Windows original MTP drivers, you need to reinstall them and get rid of the custom ones that were installed. As far as how to restore them, I don't know, I haven't used Windows as my primary OS in a couple years.

Although this may seem out there it is a quick test to verify hardware compatibility... Bootup a Linux distro on a USB stick, no drivers are needed as all major Linux distros can talk to Android devices natively as MTP is built into the kernel 99% of the time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones