How do i connect Verizon GS4 to PS3?Support

1. jcfan4u

jcfan4u Member

I have a Galaxy S 4 from verizon and im trying to connect it to my ps3 and i need help. ive tried simply connecting it but there is no mass strorage setting anymore :/ i really do not want to root so help if possible please

Advertisement
  2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

There is no option other than rooting and installing one of the apps that restores UMS if you want to connect with a cable. Other than that, you'll have to turn on the phone's DLNA and connect to it as a media server.
  3. jcfan4u

jcfan4u Member

i tried the DLNA option but nothin poped up even though i had it connected vis USB and sorry for the noobness but what is UMS?
  4. Darnell0216

UMS aka USB Mass Storage is the way of accessing data most are familiar with, like SD cards and external hard drives. This option is not available on the S4. And the USB cable is not used for DLNA :).

To access your phone via PS3's DLNA:
    ** DLNA requires both devices to be on the same network.
    1) Turn on DLNA/File Sharing under Settings -> Connections -> Nearby devices. Make sure there are no devices in the Not-allowed list.
    2) Make sure Shared Contents has something checked for sharing.
    3) On the PS3 make sure you turn on Media Server Connection under Network Settings
    4) Go to Photo/Music/Video and click Search for Media Servers if your S4 does not appear immediately.
    5) Enjoy!
  5. jcfan4u

jcfan4u Member

while i do this does it have to be connected via USb?
  6. Darnell0216

What does the line next to the smiley face say? ;)
  7. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

it uses WiFi and your home network.
  8. jcfan4u

jcfan4u Member

Thanks for the help everyone but i still couldn't get it so i guess im just gonna give it up
  9. Darnell0216

Give a step by step of what you did. There must be something that was missed.
  10. jcfan4u

jcfan4u Member

1. made sure my ps3 had media servers enabled
    2.turned my phones DLNA mode on
    3.made sure everything (Videos, Photos, and music) was checked.
    4.i then pressed find media server on ps3 but had no luck

p.s idk if its the problem but my phone dosnt ask if i want to allow a device like it should it just turns on DLNA mode andnothing happens
  11. Darnell0216

Is your phone connected to your house's WiFi like the PS3?
  12. jcfan4u

jcfan4u Member

yes same exact location (phone is sitting on ps3)
  13. Darnell0216

Your phone doesn't have to be near the PS3. It just needs to be using your home's router for Wi-Fi. For example, if you have a NetGear router, your phone and PS3 must both be using it to connect to the internet.
  14. jcfan4u

jcfan4u Member

Its all on the same router and wi-fi connection it just wont connect it sucks because i would love to put music on my phone onto it
  15. onya77

onya77 New Member

If nothing else, u can always connect ur phone to ur pc and copy all ur music/videos/photos to ur pc and the either put it all on a pin - drive or burn them to a dvd or c as a storage device. Then put it to ur ps3 and copy all files to ur ps3. Very easy. So easy, my 5 yr old can do it