1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support How do I copy or move files?

1. brick75

brick75 New Member

Recently got a Razr M that's running Ice Cream Sandwich. I haven't been able to move files from a folder on the phone's memory over to the SD card. I found instructions on how to do it from Motorola.....long press the file to move/copy, press the move or copy button, go to destination folder and press paste.

Sounds simple enough and that all works fine until I get to the destination folder and the paste option is nowhere to be found. After I press the copy or move button in the source folder, the word paste appears in the top right of the screen, but as soon as I back out to go to the destination folder, it changes back to a star. Anyone know how to pull this off? I'd prefer not to download a separate file manager app if possible. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. chris4x4

chris4x4 Well-Known Member

After you select "copy", on the upper left corner, you use the "drop down" menu to find the destination folder, then hit "Paste". There is a little (very tiny) arrow type thing in the box indicating the pull down menu. The arrow thing is in the lower right of the box.
    brick75 likes this.
  3. brick75

brick75 New Member

Ah, perfect. Thanks for your help. Would be nice if this was a bit more intuitive, or at least detailed out in their instructions!

Cheers