How do I delete multiple contacts?Support

Last Updated:

1. archrist

archrist New Member

I purchased a slightly used phone. The phone has over 100 contacts from previous person, as well as a bunch of the cooler appls. installed, etc. I really did not want to 'reset' to factory defaults and erase everything. Anyone know how to delete all the contacts.. yet keep other stuff on phone?

Advertisement
  2. deedend

deedend Member

But... You use the gmail account of the person that have sell the phone to you? :confused:
  3. androidtapp

androidtapp Member

You might have to do a factory reset because the prior owners Gmail contacts are associated with that phone. Not only will you be able to see their Gmail thru the device, but you cant get your own. Thus, you can not edit our own Contacts, Calendar, use your own Gtalk, etc. It will always be theirs :(
  4. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

identity fraud ftl...
    Jughead32 likes this.
  5. derkk

derkk Active Member

Sync the phone with your GMAIL contacts. In order to do this (re register with your gmail) you will need the application 'AnyCut', which is probably already there.

Long Press on the Desktop
    ShortCut
    AnyCut
    Activity
    Setup Wizard

Run that shortcut and it will go thru the process for linking your gmail account. If you don't have one, get one, and put your contacts on your gmail.

Easy as Pie

You can ALSO do this:

Menu
    Settings
    Applications
    Manager Applications
    Contacts
    Clear Data

This will clear all contacts.

Actually I would do this before you do the Setup Wizard. You don't want to import all his contacts into your gmail. :)
  6. sherifffruitfly

sherifffruitfly New Member

You do NOT have to do a factory reset. This method has been confirmed:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3084778#post3084778
  7. sriramv.iyer

sriramv.iyer New Member

We know the code is trivial :p

You can now search for "Delete Contacts" in Android market and install the program. It gives you an option to delete contacts with a particular name / pattern or delete all contacts.

Make life a little easy for developers and for people who messed up their phone book.

Sriram V Iyer
    United Mobile Apps
  8. Johnnie 1234

Johnnie 1234 New Member

If you need to delete all contacts or contacts that have duplicates this is what you do. Go to contacts
    Do not select any one contact hit the button on the lower left corner to display the delete window.
    Select delete and you will then be able to select any or all the contacts for deleting.
    Hope this helps.