How do I delete my search history on my google widget?

1. I have a samsung moment and I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete my search history in the google widget. I've tried deleting the cache and cookies and form data, but it doesn't clear it!

Advertisement
  2. sprintgirl1218

sprintgirl1218 New Member

Okay, go on the browser and then push menu. Select more and go to the last option ,settings, scroll down to Privacy settings and click clear history!! There you go! happened to me to.
  3. Clearing history doesn't work. =/
  4. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

thepinkc likes this.
  5. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Contact the dev and request that she/he have that feature :)
    CitationNeeded likes this.
  6. silverrocket

silverrocket Member

Ok if you mean the drop down history that shows up. If you bring up search then click the g icon and change to web. Then hit menu button and select google search it will let you deselect personal history
  7. Yeah, it's the drop down history that shows recent searches. I don't know what G icon you're talking about, but I did go to the google page and go to settings and clear settings and set it to not save my searches. But no luck. Of course. :mad:
  8. syst3merror

syst3merror Member

can you go into settings>applications>and find the widget and clear cache in there? I don't have my droid so I can't check.
  9. That seemed like it would work! I found the google search widget, but I couldn't clear the cache. There was a button to, but it wasn't clickable.
  10. brad22353

brad22353 New Member

this worked on mine... when in Google Search hit the menu button, then hit search settings, then clear shortcuts.. on operating system 2.2
  11. hobnobdude

hobnobdude New Member

lol! you've been looking at some filth and dont want your missus/friends to notice eh :D
  12. vikesfanjay

vikesfanjay New Member

I was able to do it on my Samsung Moment. From the home screen click on menu/settings, scroll down to search and click "Clear search shortcuts"

That's it, it should be clear
  13. CazHatesBP

CazHatesBP New Member

Go to "Settings"

Click on "Search"

Click on "Clear search shortcuts"

This should be done regularly to speed up your search functionality, when it stores the history it has to load it everytime you launch search.
    regression likes this.
  14. rudy711

rudy711 New Member

i had the same troubles and i found the solution,
    SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS>GOOGLE SEARCH (which is what you want to clear)> and just press clear data! :cool:
  15. I think you can go to settings to clean the data
  16. chrisj1226

chrisj1226 New Member

"this worked on mine... when in Google Search hitthemenu button,then hitsearch settings,then clear shortcuts.. on operating system 2.2"

This worked for me on 2.3.5 Thank you
  17. cliftonburton

cliftonburton New Member

to erase the list of searches you've performed in google on your samsung android, do the following:

1. click on the google textbox
    2. click on the menu button (far left)
    3. select search settings
    4. select Clear shortcuts
  18. jcal22999

jcal22999 New Member

Good looking out on the info Caz.