How do i delete unwanted ringtones?Support

1. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Well-Known Member

I recall there was a specific app for it available on the market, but I can't recall the name.

Apart from that is there anyway to delete unwanted ringtones or notification tones?

Advertisement
    :
  2. MyUsernameRox

I should specify ringtones that I have downloaded that i wish to delete, not ringtones that are stock for the phone
  3. warock56

warock56 Well-Known Member

Well the stock ringtones are in system/media/audio/ringtones. Have you checked there too see if the ones you downloaded are there?
  4. Get@Me

Get@Me Well-Known Member

The ringtones you downloaded should be on your sd card probably in a media folder
  5. MyUsernameRox

I don't know how. I looked for what you described but can't find anything starting with 'system'.
  6. MyUsernameRox

I have no idea how to get into my SD card.
  7. Get@Me

Get@Me Well-Known Member

Download a file manger off the market
  8. Blackhawk1969

Blackhawk1969 Well-Known Member

Even if you are not rooted any type of file explorer, (I Use Root explorer) will allow you to search your SD card..it will even let you view your root system..but it will not allow your alter it. just scroll down to SD card... find a folder called media and inside that should be two folders..one notifications and the other ringtones I use ringdroid to make my ringtones and thats where it stores them..probably the same for other ringtone makers too. once you access the ringtones you can probably long press on the ringtone to bring up a menu to delete the file. good luck
  9. warock56

warock56 Well-Known Member

Only problem with Root explorer is its a paid app, unless you know how to get paid apps for free install this one on your phone, its free and it does the same thing :) and its a good app, has over 23 million downloads, although I like and I have root explorer, this one will work just fine for you.

https://market.android.com/details?...?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5tZXRhZ28uYXN0cm8iXQ..

And then look for sdcard/system/media/ringtones.

and also look in system/media/ringtones in case their not in the sd card.

and delete the ringtones if you can find them.

Good luck report back if you were able to do it.

Link to root explorer $3.99, for whatever reason.
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer&hl=en
  10. MyUsernameRox

Thanks for your help guys. I wound up DLing ringdroid, that was the app I'd used before but I'd forgotten the name.
  11. dickbash

dickbash New Member

Hi. I downloaded the suggested free file viewer and installed it. I went to /system/media/audio/ringtones and tried to delete them. They will NOT delete. These are the ringtones that come with the LG Optimus-S. However, these are not my problem. My problem is that I added a few ringtones. How do I delete those additional ringtones and where do I find them? Thanks in advance.

Dick
  12. MyUsernameRox

Dick, I was able to delete any ringtones I downloaded with Ringdroid, available free on the market.