• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Do I Dial An Extension?

tiredhiker

Jan 3, 2009
How Do I Dial An Extension? I can not figure it out... Many businesss like calling a Credit Card company needs lots of numbers being pushed. I am using sipdroid with Gizmo5 which makes it even harder. How do I dial an extension once I have connected?

If it is a number that you dial often you can enter the phone number in your phonebook followed by the letter p followed by the extension number, then save it. The p adds a pause before dialing the extension

In all past phones I have had, you could program a "," as a pause of 2 sec,

So 1-800-555-1212,,1#,,2#,,4 would allow me to access an item on a second level menu but Android did not like/could not do this, which I found annoying. Is it really as simple as replacing the "," with "p"?

Upvote 0
In all past phones I have had, you could program a "," as a pause of 2 sec,

So 1-800-555-1212,,1#,,2#,,4 would allow me to access an item on a second level menu but Android did not like/could not do this, which I found annoying. Is it really as simple as replacing the "," with "p"?

I was unable to pre-program "P" in my calling sequence, but I did just successfully program a vmail retrieval on a remote system.

1 click allows it to enter what I describe above. I use "commas" as a 1 second pause and my sequence is the number, a few prompts, then a voicemail number to retrieve and then a pin. It all works.

Upvote 0
I am using the SIPDROID program. They will not answer this question either on their www board or by direct email. Surely I can not be the only one with this problem. I can not call my card companies or any place where I must dial an extension. like many places have a voice recording where you must push buttons to do anything. Funny,,,, Gizmo5 has a free testing number and instead of pushing numbers you have to talk/tell it what you want. You want to listen to the weather then say WEATHER... Thought nothing of it at the time...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones