1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

How Do I Dial An Extension?

Last Updated:

1. tiredhiker

tiredhiker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How Do I Dial An Extension? I can not figure it out... Many businesss like calling a Credit Card company needs lots of numbers being pushed. I am using sipdroid with Gizmo5 which makes it even harder. How do I dial an extension once I have connected?

Advertisement
  2. tridemt167

tridemt167 Member

I'm assuming you have a Dream (soft keyboard).
    When the call connects, at the bottom of the screen there is a slider you can pull up with the number pad.
    I had the same problem when I first got mine.

3. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

use the dialpad.

4. hondaguy

hondaguy Well-Known Member

If it is a number that you dial often you can enter the phone number in your phonebook followed by the letter p followed by the extension number, then save it. The p adds a pause before dialing the extension

5. tiredhiker

Yep, on my phone it did not come up until I touch the bottom part of the screen. Now it comes up. Thanks. I was going nuts trying to figure it out. You would think there would be another button in the MENU. S T R A N G E . . .

6. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

In all past phones I have had, you could program a "," as a pause of 2 sec,

So 1-800-555-1212,,1#,,2#,,4 would allow me to access an item on a second level menu but Android did not like/could not do this, which I found annoying. Is it really as simple as replacing the "," with "p"?

7. tiredhiker

I went to the WIFI Hotspot last night and tried it. Over a normal call the dialpad will pop up but NOT when making a call over IP. This is a serious problem...

8. dkaufman1

I was unable to pre-program "P" in my calling sequence, but I did just successfully program a vmail retrieval on a remote system.

1 click allows it to enter what I describe above. I use "commas" as a 1 second pause and my sequence is the number, a few prompts, then a voicemail number to retrieve and then a pin. It all works.

9. dkaufman1

That is annoying. I wonder if this is a known issue.

10. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Well, it's not an IP phone. You're asking it to do something it's not designed to do. I would search the market for an IP calling app, that's bound to have what you need.

11. tiredhiker

I am using the SIPDROID program. They will not answer this question either on their www board or by direct email. Surely I can not be the only one with this problem. I can not call my card companies or any place where I must dial an extension. like many places have a voice recording where you must push buttons to do anything. Funny,,,, Gizmo5 has a free testing number and instead of pushing numbers you have to talk/tell it what you want. You want to listen to the weather then say WEATHER... Thought nothing of it at the time...