• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I disable or uninstall Voicetalk ?

I had problems with my in car hands free. When i pressed the button on the hands free to call it would start up Voice talk on the phone and this just didnt seem to play nice with the two hands free kits i have. I preferred the set up i had previously where i could just press the button and speak. Voice talk brings me all sorts of other problems. I had gave up for a while but last week found a post that said if you instal go launcher ex from play store, it allows you to uninstal voice talk. I tried this and it does allow you to uninstal it. It does bring other issues though, my hands free kit now answers calls and works perfectly, however, when i press the button to make a call, there is nothing for it to connect to so i cannot make outgoing calls using the hands free. If i call from the phone, the hands free takes over and i can hold the call perfectly. In my case as i dont make many outgoing calls when i am driving this solution works for me. I uninstalled go launcher ex after removing voice talk as i am happy with the stock launcher. Voice talk is available from Samsung apps (not play store) should you wish to reinstal it. Good luck, hope this is of some help.

Upvote 0
Go Launcher does not work to remove Voice Talk and/or Voice command. I'm able to remove some generic Sprint apps but not Samsung apps.

I'd really like to get rid of this software and somehow use the Froyo voice command technology.

I've been using Vlingo as a replacement (go figure Vlingo from the market works 100x better than Voice command which is Samsung's half-a$$ed version of vlingo)

Vlingo works well, but when I go to activate vlingo from my plantronics voyager pro Voice Talk also activates no matter what settings I turn off. I can work around this but it's a constant nuisance I shouldn't have to deal with on a top of the line phone....

HELP

Upvote 0
When I go to Manage Applications (Settings/Applications/manage Applications)..I do not see the Voicetalk App in that long list. So I cannot disable or uninstall it.
Does anyone know how I can do this ?
Thanks

I just did something because I'm trying to figure this out too.. In ics you can go into the app drawer and find voice talk. Grab and hold the app then the home launcher appears. Drag it too the top of the screen that says app info. And a disable option will be there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones