how do I disable orange home screen selector on desire?

Last Updated:

1. Pedro

Pedro Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

I picked up a desire today having owned a hero for a while.

Unfortunately it is an Orange branded phone and has all of their additional guff installed on the phone.

I would like to run the desire without the sense UI and instead just run the plain android UI for a while, my problem is that when I disable Sense I am just left with the Orange home screen selector!

Does anyone know how I turn that off and run the basic android? or am I stuck with these skins???

cheers!

Advertisement
  2. dajomel

dajomel Well-Known Member

Hiya,

What you need to get is Home Switcher and then download an alternative Launcher from the market. Home switcher allows you to easily swap between different "Homes". The main ones being used at the moment are:

ADW Launcher
    LauncherPro Beta
    Helix Launcher

I am uncertain what you mean by Basic Android but the above apps are what most people are using here as an alternative to Sense.

Hope that helps.

3. Pedro

Oh right ok, thanks for that.

I just meant the style of launcher that is on the nexus one with the classic tab at the bottom of the screen that you press to open the app menu.

On the hero it was a simple case of switching from sense UI to the home UI but there is no home UI on my desire only the orange homescreen

4. Pedro