How do I disable the 5 minute password limitSupport

1. Ted Hudgins

Ted Hudgins New Member

I upgraded from a Moment to a new Evo3d but it requires me to enter a password every 5 minutes and that's getting old real fast. I have tried changing the settings in my exchange server to not require passwords but that option hasn't made it to my phone. Do I remove the account & start over or is there an easier fix.

Advertisement
    :
  2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

??? every 5 mins???
    even if you are on the phone talking? or playing games? or surfing the internet???

never heard of that before....

or are you talking about the lockscreen... when you wakeup the phone?
  3. Ted Hudgins

Ted Hudgins New Member

No, just when its been idle.
  4. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

Menu/settings/security - "Lock phone after" - you can increase it to 15 minutes (or disable the screen lock entirely if you prefer that)

Edit: Just saw you mentioned exchange server in your post... you may be out of luck then. Exchange server has its own policies that will be forced onto your device. If you have the rights to disable this on the exchange server, you can do that and remove/add your exchange server acct on your phone again (if the policy didn't make it to your phone automatically)
  5. RedRabbit

RedRabbit Member

Settings -> Security -> Set up screen lock -> None

That should disable the password completely.
  6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

It sounds like the email account REQUIRES it. Is it safe to assume that this is a work account?

If you remove the account, does the problem persist?

If not, you may want to look into an alternative app to access the exchange server. Different apps, such as touchdown, make it so you only have to enter the password when accessing the email instead of when you wake the phone.

Alternatively, if you are rooted or intend to root, there are other ways to resolve this.

Ultimately, if I'm reading your post correctly, it sounds like it's security settings imposed by the exchange account.
    marctronixx likes this.
  7. Doomstang

Doomstang Well-Known Member

I added my work email to my phone 2 days ago and it forced the security options...so I was quite confused at first. After I realized what was happening, I decided I didn't need my work email on my phone THAT badly lol.
    marctronixx likes this.