• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I disable the "flashbulb" feature?

relztrah

Jun 21, 2013
My wife has a Samsung Galaxy S3 that will flash like a flashbulb every couple minutes when it's sitting on the table. I guess this is to let you know where it is in the dark. Anyway, she thinks this might be contributing to her battery drain, and she's probably right. She has tried unsuccessfully to disable this feature. I am smartphone-challenged, but if somebody can give me simple directions, I can probably figure out how to uninstall or disable it.

You mean the tiny LED at the top, that flashes periodically? The battery drain from that should be absolutely negligible. It really is microwatts. After all a single AA battery can flash an LED like that for over year.

You might want to look elsewhere if you think the battery is draining excessively. In fact you can go into settings and see how the battery is performing, and it does all depend on how you've been using the phone. It's very likely the largest power consumer is the screen, and how much it's on.
1392906749666.jpg

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones