How do I dismiss an alarm?

1. prepbgg

prepbgg Well-Known Member

I've set an alarm in Clock. When the alarm goes off (with the phone on standby) the screen lights up and tells me to 'drag down to dismiss'. When I do this the Home screen appears with no mention of the alarm, but the alarm goes off again after 10 minutes.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

the middle bottom part of the lock screen says "snooze" on it. it looks like you are pressing that every time. try dragging down on the side of the screen
  3. prepbgg

prepbgg Well-Known Member

If the screen is on when the alarm goes off I'm presented with 2 buttons to choose: Snooze and Dismiss. These seem to work as I would expect. If, however, the screen is off before the alarm goes off I see a "Snooze" button followed by an instruction to Drag down to dismiss. If I try to drag the Snooze button (as instructed) nothing seems to happen. However, if I drag down the arc-shaped bar above the button this seems to Dismiss.
  4. SFA_AOK

SFA_AOK Well-Known Member

I've just had something similar happen with my phone. I had a calendar reminder go off, the tone went off and the "Drag down to dismiss" screen appeared, but there was a notification that it had been snoozed for 10 minutes, despite me not having touched it...
  5. SFA_AOK

SFA_AOK Well-Known Member

OK, I think the problems was my calendar reminder went off but there was an alarm that went off at the same time (which wasn't shown to me). It was the alarm that was snoozed rather than the reminder...
  6. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Having the same problem. It has only occurred since upgrade to 2.3.5 and the 'Ring'. I would really like an answer as it is very annoying.