How do I do the unthinkable?Support

Last Updated:

1. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 7, 2010
    I want to block the 2.2 update for now. I've had nothing but issues with it. I've had two different phones that wouldn't get 3G service after the update. I downgraded to stock 2.1. Everything worked again, until the OTA update started downloading. I figured it was possible that the update just got applied incorrectly the first time causing all the problems I was having. So I upgraded again. This is from a phone that basically had a factory reset done on it.

So, I applied the update. I had the exact same issue with 3G I had before. I did my part and did the *228 thing. That worked until I rebooted the phone. Exact same issue I had before.

My question now is how I can block the Froyo update and stick with Eclair without doing anything that will void my warranty? Is this even possible? Eclair works for me. I like Eclair. Froyo has some cool stuff, but I can't/don't want to deal with all the bugs in it. I'd rather wait until VZW or HTC someone else irons out all the bugs and update at that time.

2. Cubanjinx

Cubanjinx Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    Idk if I completely understand you. You have the update but you're looking to block it? :-?
    I'll just go with you got another new phone. When it prompts you about the update just opt to NOT download it.