how do I download app without internet connection to my phone?

Last Updated:

1. android001

android001 Member

Hi, I would like to download/install Android market app from PC then transfer it to my phone because my phone doesn't have internet connection. I can only use USB cord to connect my PC and phone. Can I do this? Or maybe if someone knows where the app is saved in the phone after you download it from android market and how to activate the phone to install it, that would work? This would have been easy if this was a PC, not a cell phone. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

There's no supported way to do this and it wouldn't be recommended anyway as you wouldn't be able to get updates. Just connect the phone to a wifi hot spot and download whatever you want if you don't have a data plan.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Pushing random .apk files to an Android phone is not the way the OS is designed. There are no sanctioned sites to download Android apps as files, unless you get them from the developer's website as a direct download. Any file sharing sites are unsafe. It may be possible to find apps to download, but not advisable since you run the risk of installing malware. As A.Nonymous suggested, go to a library, coffee shop or cafe and find a free wifi connection to get your apps safely.
  4. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

I know you can logg into the Android market, using your gmail acct., on a PC and send the app to your phone to have it downloaded. Thing is though, you will need wifi in order for it to appear in your notification bar to download that app.
  5. asileily28

asileily28 New Member

it is safe that you download apps or games that have format of .apk ??
    please answer me!!!
  6. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

apk is the standard (only?) format for applications in android. safetey is relevant. are you getting them from reliable sources? Are the permissions they ask for reasonable and within your comfort zone? etc.
  7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Acceptable and necessary, yes.
    Safe, up to your own judgement
    Just dont sideload apk for free that should be payed for. Its evil and chances are, its the free payed-for apps that will contain nasty stuff :thumbup:
  8. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

All you need is a Gmail account and Wifi access to download and install apps from Google Play. As some of the above posters have wisely warned, it's not safe to download them from any other untrusted source.