How do I edit the HTC People widgetGeneral

Last Updated:

1. smittythepig

smittythepig Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have two contacts in there currently and want to get rid of them and start over. Can't figure out any way to do it. I even went into 'manage applications' and found the widget and cleared the cache and data and the dang thing still shows the same two contacts that I want to get rid of. This widget is pretty useless. Can't put in multiple instances of the same contact (like one for cell and one for home), yet you also can't seem to just set it to take you to their contact info when you click on a person - you have to choose a default.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. SlickRick

SlickRick Well-Known Member

Long press the contact in People and you can delete or edit the contact.

3. smittythepig

in the widget? i tried that and it just highlights the whole thing so i can move it or delete it. doesn't let me delete the contact within the widget or edit anything.

4. SlickRick

Go to the People program to edit or delete the contacts. You are right, you can't edit or delete in the widget. If you delete a contact in People, it deletes it in the widget also.

5. smittythepig

nevermind. i get it now. i wasn't appreciating the fact that the People widget was connected to the People application. i guess because i always thought of the People icon as just a link to the phonebook. anyway, i see how to edit now. thanks. too bad i still can't select going to the contact page as the default action, rather than having to select only one of the numbers.

6. SlickRick

I agree with ya, I started making different contacts for the same people. Example: wife's mobile, wife's work (phone) etc...

7. hotcakes33

hotcakes33 New Member

I still don't see how to get the contact off the widget that I don't want there. I do not want to delete them from my contact list, just get them off the widget.

8. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

To remove a contact from the widgit,go into People and press the icon that shows a person with a little heart over them. The icon is 'remove' or something like that. It removes them from the widget (removes from your favorites) but does not remove them from People.

9. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

I would like to be able to choose my action when I select someone. For example, I don't want to always call someone when I click their name... Maybe I want to send them a text message, you know? Give me the option, instead of having to make two different icons! :(

10. dg370

dg370 Active Member

Just tap the gray bar part of the favorite that has the contact name. Hit menu and you can remove it from favorites, edit or delete the contact.

11. AFitchguy07

AFitchguy07 New Member

If you have your contacts synced to google, you can also just remove them from the automatically created "Starred in Android" group.

12. AFitchguy07

AFitchguy07 New Member

the way i do this is i don't use htc people widget. Instead, go to shortcut>person and add the person then it asks for default action... among call, text, email, you will see view contact as an option.

13. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Or you could just use the people widget and tap the persons name instead of the full picture.

14. AFitchguy07

AFitchguy07 New Member

Of course but if you miss and call someone.. that gotta be annoying.
    i just dislike the people widget lol

15. jaw129

jaw129 New Member

To remove someone from the people widget simply tap the name (not the picture), this will bring up their info page. Then press menu on the phone and press remove. This will remove them from the widget only. If you want to remove the entire contact do the same thing but press delete.

16. ninjoblio

ninjoblio Member

I just removed the widget from my home pages altogether. I found it easier to just add shortcuts to people individually so I can place them wherever I want.

This way I can put an icon to message my wife on the home screen, then another icon to call her cell on another page along with a bunch of my other favorites. It's nice that I can create several different short cuts for one person for calling cell#, calling home#, send message, etc.

I just found this more to my liking than trying to configure it all within the people app. I like being able to split the icons up across screens too.