1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How do I eliminate the Picasa albums syncSupport

1. RichKessler

RichKessler Member

I just got my 32gb Nexus 7 and the 'Gallery' is driving me insane. I've signed out of my g+ account and the photos are still sitting in my 'Gallery.' I don't want these to show up, basically ever, so how do I make this not happen?

I don't see an option in my account settings to turn off Google Photos sync like I see on my Evo 3D. So, help!!! :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. perfectstranger

perfectstranger Well-Known Member

Settings>Accounts, select Google>Select your account>Turn off Google Photos sync

Then Settings>Apps>All>Gallery and clear data.

This worked for me.
    DonB likes this.
  3. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

^^ Exactly as Perfectstranger mention and you will be good to go
  4. RichKessler

RichKessler Member

Thanks, got the gallery cleared.

My sync is not working for some reason. Whenever I do the Settings>Accounts, select Google>Select your account> it shows 'Sync is OFF' and I don't see anything to turn it on like I see on my phone. Weird.

Thanks, guys.
  5. Pappy35

Pappy35 Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the Sync Internet does? It always shows 'Failed'.
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Doesn't it do your chrome bookmarks and sync the pages you have open on chrome on your PC? Do you use chrome on the PC? If no, maybe that's why it shows as failed?
  7. jhsrennie

jhsrennie Well-Known Member

Is the master sync enabled? I'm not sure where this is in the settings, but on the power bar widget it's the second from the right.
  8. Groid

Groid Well-Known Member

You must have sync enabled to individually choose which items sync and which don't. If sync is not enabled, you can only choose to sync now. I also had to use a widget for sync on/off because I couldn't find it in settings either. Where the heck is it in settings? I've chosen which items I want to sync, but I leave sync off and sync when desired.