How do I end a program?Support

1. xytalyst

xytalyst New Member

I am a proud and happy owner of a samsung epic 4g smartphone... I have rooted it. Im very familiar with it.

I just bought this Acer Iconia a100 wifi tablet for my mother for Christmas and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to actually close a program short of going into manage applications and force closing it. My Epic has an end program widget that it came with, which I have to use often. Does this tablet have nothing similar?

I'm concerned about battery life if my mom wont be able to close programs.

Does anyone have any advise or tips?

Advertisement
  2. mpciii

mpciii Well-Known Member

Pretty sure honeycomb shuts down unused programs like gingerbread. Don't sweat it. If anything's gonna kill the battery it will be screen brightness and WiFi connection.
  3. bakura82

bakura82 Member

I don't think this is true. I have not noticed any of my apps shutting of. I usually need to power cycle after I am uncomfortable with all the open apps. (You could also turn off apps in the settings as previously mentioned.)

I would love to know a better way to turn off an app I am no longer using.
  4. mamawm

mamawm Well-Known Member

on most android devices, if you back out of an app, as opposed to just hitting the home button, the app will close. this is not true for the browser, but does work for other apps. also some apps have an exit function, just hit the menu option and see if it's there.
  5. gillon

gillon Member

You can close programs in settings/applications/manage applications. choose running at the top and you will see all the apps that are currently running. Clicking on them gives you the option to stop them.
  6. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member

I'm not sure this is even necessary. I haven't seen it slow down nor speed up regardless how many app I'm running in the background.