how do i flash

Last Updated:

1. havi007

havi007 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

im a noob with rooting

can someone explain how do i flash applications on to my phone
    I want to install the superuser 2.6 and the d2keyboard also

also i want to install custom themes for my rom without having to install a brand new rom all over again

Advertisement
  2. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

You get the superuser app by rooting your Droid. Once your rooted, look in your app tray, you should have a little ninja, that's the way you know your rooted. An easy way to flash new roms is with the Rom manager that's in the market. Now, when you install a new apk, all you do is download it, use a file explorer such as astro (also in the market) look in your download file and choose the apk. If you have not done so already, it will give you the chance to allow apps to be installed from unknown sources, that has to be checked. But make sure to read up on the rooting guides and learn about what your doing. But anyways, I hope I've helped.

3. havi007

havi007 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sorry let me rewrite this ... i know how to install apk files ... appericate the information ... i know when i root i get the superuser but there is a new verison of superuser out.... and my understanding with installing that i have to make the zip file into a update.zip and boot into recovery right? so when and ne one says u need to flash install it means boot into recovery and have installed from a update.zip right and rom manager im still need to that im a little confused when it comes to restoring backups it never worked for me

4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Ok, I see what your asking, once you rename it to update.zip, make sure you place it on the root of your SD card. Now reboot into recovery, allow updaye.zip and apply update.zip. And then reboot, if the flash was successful, you should have it. But, make sure you have a custom recovery before you do any if this. Clockwork or sprecovery. It's easy to flash clockwork, download Rom manager from the market and its the top option. :)