• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I force uninstall something?

neversatisfied

Feb 8, 2010
I am currently running DC1.0 and I installed an old version of spare parts from my SD using appInstaller then used aTrackDog to find a newer version and installed that over it. Well I had 2 spare parts installed and I installed one of them that was made in 2010, but the other one was apparently made in 2008 and I can't uninstall it. I even went as far as going into the recovery screen and using the wipe feature only to reboot and find the application STILL on the phone... I don't remember the application being installed with the rom so even then, I should be able to uninstall it after the wipe.

In the Application screen it says Version 0, 16kb. There is no uninstall button from there. I have used appmanager to try uninstalling and that didn't work either.

What do I do? re-flash DC 1.0 and hope its gone?

I would do a nandroid restore, but I have no idea exactly how that works lol. I made a backup before the rom was installed but i never knew where it was located in the SD card. I basically imported the entire nandroid folder to my PC and deleted it from my SD card since it took up 500mb on my SD card.

EDIT: I just tried re-flashing the rom. That didn't work either...

you should be able to remove it through adb, the same way you'd remove the sprint apps.

adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
cd /system/app
ls -a
rm Sprint_NFL.*

change Sprint_NFL.* to whatever spare parts comes up as. Also, I'm not entirely certain that "ls -a" is the right code to get into the installed apps, nor am I certain that spare parts is stored in system/app (in fact, I'm almost certain it isn't). But, the code is similar, and I'm sure someone can correct me on where it'd be stored.

As for your nandroid backups, they're stored in the nandroid folder. Just select "nandroid restore" from the recovery menu, and it'll automatically navigate to the nandroid folder (do NOT change the name of the folder, or of the folder inside it-like "HT9A5Hxxxxx" or something like that lol). The backups are inside that HTxxxxxxx folder, and the recovery console automatically directs itself to that folder when you select restore

Reactions: neversatisfied
Upvote 0
How do I find out which one was the last one created for the nandroid? thats the only problem I had. I didnt know which one was the latest lol. See I had old backups on their from my old phone and i didn't delete them so i have no idea which one is right lol.

EDIT: Ok I seriously need to look into things a little bit more closely cus i keep finding an answer right after posting lol. I figured out which was the latest so thats ok.

I still don't understand about that adb shell stuff. I used the prekitchen to root myself.

Upvote 0
Ill look at that guide again to see how to do this.

I am using estrong file manager right now on the hero and it is in root/system/app as "SpareParts.apk" So i know where to go once i figure out how to get into my phone and delete it as root. There is a root option for the estrong app but its only for Cyanogen, and HiAPK. I know i cant do it for cyanogen, but idk what hiapk is so i didn't even bother trying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones