1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How do I forget a wireless network?Tips

1. skittlesV1

skittlesV1 Well-Known Member

Theres a uncured network outside my house and whenever I leave for a while and come back my evo automatically connects to it even though I always click it and press forget than manually connect to mine again but whenever I leave and come back I have to do it all over again. What can I do to avoid this.

Advertisement
    :
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Long press on the ones that's connecting and hit "forget"
  3. skittlesV1

but even after I do this, leave and come back it automatically connects to it again.
  4. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

I don't know then. I've never had it auto-connect to one that's not Remembered.
  5. skittlesV1

I dont know but this is getting to be a problem
  6. TambourineMan

TambourineMan Well-Known Member

I have a similar problem and would like to know the answer to this also. also, if there is just one network, the option to forget it does not come up.
  7. teknagen

teknagen Well-Known Member

same problem too i do not want to connect to my neighbors network
  8. skittlesV1

maybe there is no fix to this then if everyone has this problem
  9. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

If it's your own network, clear all network connections. Reconnect. When it asks about remembering your's click Yes. That should stop others from even appearing if your own network is on autoconnect.

I have 3 neighbors with wifi connections that my Evo doesn't even ever show. I see them live on my iPodTouch2G every time but never on my Evo.

It could be that when you get within range of your own device (also in range of neighbors), it's showing them because yours isn't already auto-connecting.

The open network icon might indicate that it's detecting the other network first and attempting connection there so even though you get back to your home network those networks are still available.