1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I get all of these email addresses off my contact list?Support

Last Updated:

1. llcrayolall7

llcrayolall7 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my first smart phone, and I feel very stupid using it. Here's why: When I go into my contact list, it only shows the 100 contacts I have stored from T-Mobile Contacts Backup.

However, after creating a new message and choosing the option to send, my contact list is full of literally hundreds of email addresses I don't want on my phone.

I un-synced my Gmail account and Facebook account in an attempt to get rid of that information. When that didn't work, I completely removed my Facebook account information altogether, also with no results.

In the display options, I have it set to only display contacts with phone numbers, and to only show contacts using my T-Mobile Contacts Backup. Yet still, all the email addresses remain when trying to send a text message.

Even if I turn off my T-Mobile Contacts Backup and no contacts are displayed under contacts, all of the email addresses are still there when trying to send a simple text message.

I'm using an Exhibit 4G. Any help would be greatly appreciated; many thanks for any advice you can offer.

Advertisement
  2. bellablue

bellablue New Member

I am having the same problem if anyone has an answer

3. adeelmysore

adeelmysore Member

Open the meesaging app, then goto settings and scroll to only mobile numbers and check that. That should help on text messages.

For email, goto your gmail on a computer, goto contacts and clear out the emails you dont want. Also in mail settings for gmail under the general tab there is a setting called Create contacts for auto-complete make sure you click on I will add contacts myself to stop gmail from adding every email address you use.

4. llcrayolall7

llcrayolall7 New Member This Topic's Starter

The guy at the T-Mobile store figured it out for me. Kind of. (At least, all the email addresses are gone from my contacts when I go to send a message)

Applications>Setting>Accounts and sync>Turn on T-Mobile Contacts and Facebook if you have it. And you can sync Gmail, just uncheck the contacts feature.

Then, go to Contacts>Contacts Tab>Menu button>Delete>select all the Emails Addresses and Contacts you don't want, then delete.

P.S. I believe if you want to delete the people you don't know in person, you have to use a computer and erase all the emails from said persons. Helped for me, hope it helps for you! :)