• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I get back auto spacing in Swype?

mscheaf

Jul 17, 2012
Alton, IL
Just randomly. Today. My auto spacing on the swype keyboard stopped working. Everywhere. SMS, browsers, email, EVERYWHERE. It does not auto space anymore. No matter what. I checked the settings and Auto-Space is still checked. Tried checking and unchecking and pulling battery and restarting phone. Auto spacing is just gone. Is there any way to get it back or do I need to get yet ANOTHER freaking keyboard.

I've been using Swype for years and I've never had that problem. (Jinx.) Obviously it's not working correctly. Some options to fix it...

1) If you had a backup (like a Titanium Backup) of the Swype app you could try restoring the Swype app and its data.

2) Otherwise, you could try going into Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All-tab/Swype, and "Clear Data". Unfortunately, you'll have to go back into Swype and redo your settings, so you might want to make a note of your settings first.

3) Re-install Swype.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I've been using Swype for years and I've never had that problem. (Jinx.) Obviously it's not working correctly. Some options to fix it...

1) If you had a backup (like a Titanium Backup) of the Swype app you could try restoring the Swype app and its data.

2) Otherwise, you could try going into Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All-tab/Swype, and "Clear Data". Unfortunately, you'll have to go back into Swype and redo your settings, so you might want to make a note of your settings first.

3) Re-install Swype.

And it started working again today all on it's own. What the actual f*** is going on with this phone, lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones