1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How do I get car stereo to recognise DHD's SD card for media play back?Accessories

1. stephenwills

stephenwills Member

Hi,

Another one for you, when I plug a USB flash drive into my car stereo it reads from it and plays my mp3s. Is there a way I can get this to work with my DHD's SD card? I'd love to be able to use it as my main mp3 player if possible. I wondered if there's an app I could add to my Car Home that might toggle USB storage? Can't seem to find one...

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
    :
  2. landovr

landovr Well-Known Member

What happens if you just plug your usb from your phone into your car stereo?
  3. stephenwills

stephenwills Member

It just reads files from the phone itself
  4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Not sure ifthis will work, but have you tried Google Car (or whatever it's called), as that allows you to play your mp3's... may be worth a try!?!
  5. kingdave

kingdave Well-Known Member

Does the phone not ask what to do when the USB is inserted? Do you select the option to mount as a disk drive?
  6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

It might not be triggering the notification popup that gives you the option to mount.

You might want to try a widget that lets you toggle mounting, that way you don't have to rely on the phone to give you the option. This one is free and looks like it can do the job:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jim&feature=search_result
    stephenwills likes this.
  7. stephenwills

stephenwills Member

8. Xyro

Report back once you've given it a try. Let's hope it works :)
  9. TheStranger

TheStranger New Member

Maybe this is a stupid question and I'm months behind on this thread...

But is there something wrong with my way of just plugging an AUX cable into my headphone jack?
  10. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Not at all, but with the methods above, you can use the stereo to skip tracks etc as opposed to the phone.

I'd imagine using the stereo would be a lot safer as you wouldn't need to mess around with unlocking the screen etc.
  11. TheStranger

TheStranger New Member

Good point. I guess that's one reason I always have my fiancee riding shotgun!
  12. El Presidente

Specifically for that purpose? :p
  13. bravo1975

bravo1975 Active Member

Could u help me with this please, i noticed the date of this thread and its months ago so things may have changed.

When i connect my phone via usb to my car stereo my phone it gives me the notification popup that gives you the option to mount the disk drive, which i click. But then nothing happens, my stereo just constantly says 'READING' on the front and when i try to use Player Pro it says my 'SD CARD IS BUSY'.

Any help would be appreciated
  14. El Presidente

From the other thread, I see it's a 32GB Card, is it definitely legit? Have you ran H2Testw?
  15. bravo1975

bravo1975 Active Member

16. El Presidente

Sounds legit enough to me then :p

I've never used it my DHD in the car so I'm just speculating here, but if you move the music to the root of the SD Card, does that make a difference? Also, it's a long shot but do you have USB Debugging enabled or disabled?
  17. bravo1975

bravo1975 Active Member

USB debugging is disabled, sorry I dont know wot this means? Iv moved a bunch of mp3 music files frm there folder and put them in the root but stereo still just constant says its 'READING' .
  18. Xyro

USB debugging is an option in Settings >> Applications >> Development. Having it enabled is usually a good idea.
  19. El Presidente

I can't say for sure whether or not enabling it will fix the issue, but it alters the way the handset "talks" with whatever it's plugged in to via USB so it might help.

As Xyro says, having it enabled is generally a good idea anyway.
  20. bravo1975

bravo1975 Active Member

Gutted it didnt work, thks for ur help tho guys/girls

Just to clarify before i give up.. Mount to Disk Drive is on, USB debugging is on, im using PlayerPro but cant find anything in there tht needs altering, have i missed anything?
  21. El Presidente

You're using Playerpro (one of these) on the phone? Sorry, I thought you were using the media player in the car stereo.

If that's the case, can you close PlayerPro, then use the car stereo to navigate through the tracks?
  22. bravo1975

bravo1975 Active Member

Yeah sorry tht didnt make sense, yes im using the car stereo media player when connected by usb, but when i use the phone on its own i use ProPlayer instead of the standard music player. Was trying to think of as many things as possible tht could be causing the problem.

Im gonna try my old sd card to see if tht makes a difference, i'll let u know how it goes.
  23. El Presidente

Did the old SD Card work?
  24. bravo1975

bravo1975 Active Member

Unfortunately no it didn't work. Gutted, I'm missing something simple. I put my old 8gb in with a couple tunes in the root but no joy, I need to find the manual for the stereo to check its even possible, but why would there be a difference between a usb stick and wot I'm doing?
  25. El Presidente

It should essentially function the same as a USB stick, so there is no difference.