• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I get contacts from my pre to my Evo?

When I used to frequent precentral I read about a way you can get all the pre's contacts to google contacts. You have to enable syncing with google contacts by choosing google as your contact preference on the pre so that going forward all contacts you enter sync with google. Then go to a sprint store and have them remove your all contacts and then re-download them to the pre. All your contact should then automatically sync in google.

Upvote 0
I bought the phone from bb mobile and they said they had no way to transfer the numbers from a pre.

They told me the same thing. I used the WebOS quick install. If you are not very computer savvy I would not try this.

Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install | PreCentral.net

Goto that link and go through the WebOS quickinstall. Its under the Setup section follow the instructions. Once you are up and running with your phone connected follow the directions on that page under Patches. The patch is under the Online Repository. It is called Send All Contacts Via Email.

Upvote 0
I found this the other day when I was searching:

SprintUsers.com - View Single Post - Contacts from Pre Guide

They told me the same thing. I used the WebOS quick install. If you are not very computer savvy I would not try this.

Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install | PreCentral.net

Goto that link and go through the WebOS quickinstall. Its under the Setup section follow the instructions. Once you are up and running with your phone connected follow the directions on that page under Patches. The patch is under the Online Repository. It is called Send All Contacts Via Email.

this is all in the thread i posted....had the same problem and the fix is in that thread

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones