How do i get from 1.5 to 2.1?Support

Last Updated:

1. jimlad

jimlad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

PLEASE HELP...

i have unlocked and debranded, using RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.66

im still on 1.5 how the heck do i get to 2.1 ? i don't have the option to update software and the udates on the htc site are older than what i have? confused :(

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

See this thread.

In a nutshell, set your handset's date forward a couple of weeks and it should do a check for and d/l the initial pre-update OTA. After that's installed the "Check for updates" button will be available in Menu/Settings/About phone.

3. jimlad

jimlad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

tried the date thing nout happening, connected to the web, just gonna read the link :(

4. adz63

adz63 Well-Known Member

jimlad you will need to update to 2.73.771.73 so i believe

here is the link to it HTC Hero - ROM Upgrade for HTC Hero (3UK)

just follow instructions and install it

then switch phone off set the date etc and you should get a notification saying update and just press download

5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Not if the handset is a generic unbranded one, as indicated by the build number 2.73.405.66.

That is the latest generic 1.5 firmware and is prerequisite for receiving the OTA update. All I can suggest is keep resetting the date a week ahead each time until the prelim update installs.

6. neblap

neblap Member

I'm new to this rooting malarky, so could well be wrong with the following advice. :eek:

I used UU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5 to root my 3 branded Hero. When 3 released the 2.1 update I decided that I would try it so went to the HTC website and downloaded the latest 3 ROM that they have on their. I just had to put my Hero's serial number in for it to allow me to download it.

When this was done I put the date forward and it found the 3 2.1 update straight away.

Could'nt the OP do it this way?

7. Peji

Peji Well-Known Member

Well, when I got my Hero off ebay, I made sure it was branded to a network that had no problems updating so far, like Orange. I was worried for a while that I couldnt get updated cause my home internet hadnt been activated but I went to htc's website, updated the rom, found wifi outside home and updated it easily in about 10 mins. Idk about 3 though, it's a very complicated network