How do I get into my Captivate's internal memory?

Last Updated:

1. Tenacious--M

Tenacious--M Well-Known Member

Im trying to do the Bugless Beast root, but I cant seem to figure out how to get into my Captivates internal memory. I have it connected to my PC but I think all I am able to access is the external SD Card. Im new, so I apologize if this is a newb question.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Tenacious--M

Im trying to find the directory to drag the update.zip file to....
  3. peachpuff

peachpuff Well-Known Member

Just put it in the root directory then boot into recovery mode.
    Tenacious--M likes this.
  4. Tenacious--M

When you say root directory... how do i get to that? I can open up the phones files on my h drive and I just extracted it there.. do i need to unzip the file first?
  5. mongstradamus

mongstradamus Well-Known Member

Keep the update.zip as is when you drag it over to root directory, boot into recover , and reinstall updates or whatever the choice is i forget.
    Tenacious--M likes this.
  6. peachpuff

peachpuff Well-Known Member

If you plug your phone into your computer and it shows up as a g: drive just copy the update file there so the path will be g:\update.zip
    Tenacious--M likes this.
  7. Rhiannon224

Rhiannon224 Well-Known Member

You have to mount to your pc, use the pull down menu on the phone and you should see phone connected to computer click to copy files from your computer, click on that and mount to your pc. Make sure Debugging is checked and the phone is set to mass storage in usb settings.
  8. rednine

rednine New Member

Ugh, I keep hearing everyone say just pit it in the root directory. The guy asked where that was and the reply was again pit it in the root directory. Is there some mysterious file named "root", that I put this magical zip folder in, or are u using the term "root" like the root of a word, meaning the core file like c: or g: or h: please someone give us a clear explination of what were supposed to put where.
  9. skramblr

skramblr Well-Known Member

10. mfult

mfult New Member

I am trying to root my phone. I read the Wikipedia article. I still have no clue on where to drag the update.zip to.