• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do I get into my Captivate's internal memory?

When you say root directory... how do i get to that? I can open up the phones files on my h drive and I just extracted it there.. do i need to unzip the file first?

Keep the update.zip as is when you drag it over to root directory, boot into recover , and reinstall updates or whatever the choice is i forget.

Reactions: Tenacious--M
Upvote 0
When you say root directory... how do i get to that? I can open up the phones files on my h drive and I just extracted it there.. do i need to unzip the file first?

You have to mount to your pc, use the pull down menu on the phone and you should see phone connected to computer click to copy files from your computer, click on that and mount to your pc. Make sure Debugging is checked and the phone is set to mass storage in usb settings.

Upvote 0
Ugh, I keep hearing everyone say just pit it in the root directory. The guy asked where that was and the reply was again pit it in the root directory. Is there some mysterious file named "root", that I put this magical zip folder in, or are u using the term "root" like the root of a word, meaning the core file like c: or g: or h: please someone give us a clear explination of what were supposed to put where.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones